Friday, November 9, 2012

First Booklet Complete (Mostly)

The first spiritual booklet has been scanned and turned into a pdf format: The Christian theosophical booklet "I AM." I have encountered several problems with the process.

1. Despite what the internet seems to believe, adobe does not seamlessly scan to pdf format and compile them as you go.

2. It requires at least two websites to make and compile pdfs.

3. The pdfs are decent quality, but sizing is an issue due to filesize limitations.

4. The scanner is fairly slow, and tends to cut off the edges of documents for some unknown reason, perhaps due to not recognizing white or light colored edges as actually being part of the document.


However, despite all of this, the first booklet is done- I am attempting to tinker with the process, perhaps using a dark piece of paper to ensure the entire document is scanned, but it took me about 20 minutes to complete the pdf for a13 page document, so my hope is to be able to do roughly one new document per day. The download is below.



1 comment:

  1. I once had a job where I scanned loads and loads of images, and sometimes it would cut out each image and make them seperate files, I seem to remember that it was something with the settings, 'cause I managed to make the scanner scan the whole page instead of cutting out the text and seperating all the images. So maybe you should just take a look at the settings.

    ReplyDelete